Saturday, September 08, 2007

Fry & Laurie, A Hedge, and Bin Laden Meet the Spartans



Works under consideration: 16 (maybe 17)
Dark Angel at bay: 1
Inspirations: #3 (Fry & Laurie)
Cats of the Apocalypse: 3
Zeitgeist: Computer games – carbon footprint – Iraq Bleeds – HD TV – embrace Islam – “This is Sparta!”


EXT/DAY
MY GARDEN

THE THREE CATS OF THE APOCALYPSE DOZE ON THE BRANCH OF A SWAYING CEDAR TREE. SHEIKH IS EYEING A RUBIK’S CUBE


FANG:
Isn’t a Rubik’s Cube a mite passé?

SHEIKH
I thought of some left sided brain activity for after our afternoon nap.

FANG:
Why did you paint it completely white?

SCAR OPENS ONE EYE AND VIEWS THE COMPLETELY WHITE RUBIK’S CUBE

SCAR:
Irony?

SHEIKH:
Postmodern irony.

THE THREE CATS OF THE APOCALYPSE CHUCKLE AND HISS AND REVISIT THE LAND OF NOD

- END -



I’ve just looked at the bottom of the garden and those cats are back in the Cedar tree. They appear to be laughing at some private joke…



Comedy Sketches I wished I’d written.
'The Hedge'
By Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie

Watch this sketch and you know you have two very clever chaps, two very good humans, and two toooooooooo talented performers.

If you’ve never seen it, this isn’t the best version I’ve seen but the only one I could find on YouTube. Compare it with the Two Ronnies sketch ‘Mastermind’ and view how one small shift in perception can make life sooooo funny.

World Domination by Internet
I’m still working on this one. Does YouTube give you a clue?
More soon!

Bin Laden v Sparta
So ‘The Man with the Dyed Beard’ has turned up again? He has a great idea. Why doesn’t the whole of the United States convert to Islam? I tell you what ‘BinMan’ why don’t you and your crew of ‘let’s kill people that disagree with us’ mob convert to Spartans? You could dress up in long red cloaks and leather pants, play with basic weaponry, shouting ‘This is Medieval!” until bed time.


SHEIKH TAPS THE RUBIK’S CUBE WITH HIS FURRY PAW

SHEIKH:
Finished.

THE THREE CATS OF THE APOCALYPSE PURR LOUDLY

- END -


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 12:58 pm, Blogger Les Becker said...

Bored with the Rubik's cube, and forgetting (?) that he's been neutered, Sheikh spends the afternoon holding down the terrifyingly clawful Patchouli-Cat and...pretending? I don't know what you've been feeding my Sheikh, JimKin, but I would like you to cut it out.

 
At 7:40 pm, Blogger JimKin said...

I will leave the good Sheikh alone and maybe introduce another 'Cat of The Apocalypse' in the near future!

BTW I liked the doodad! I'll be having a play with that when the paper looks like snow and the screen looks like an empty fish tank...

 
At 1:40 am, Blogger Les Becker said...

Yes, it's a good little doodad, as doodads go. Helps me to no end. And I mean No. End. I have too many bits and pieces of things now, and must actually sit down again and, (GASP!) finish something.

 
At 1:44 am, Blogger Les Becker said...

PS - if you really need another "Cat of the Apocolypse", Sheikh and I are both willing to send you the Patchouli-Cat. She's been retarded ever since that 'table-top to the head' incident a year and a half ago. As a "real" cat, she's pretty useless, now.

 
At 6:58 pm, Blogger JimKin said...

I was thinking of recruting Murphy, a cat 'who lives near by and is part cat, part teddy bear, he also has eating and stroking issues ie he can't get enough of either...

 
At 10:17 pm, Blogger Les Becker said...

I knew a guy like that once...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Humor blogs