Saturday, August 18, 2007

Join The Dot























Works under consideration: 3
Dark Angels wrestled: 1
Films to write: 1
Life is too short: for worry and Twigletts

Writing a Film Screenplay
I’ve written two short films. The first was a silly promotional one for my friends in the band ‘Head’ (have a look at the link on the right of the page). It involved 70s style flashbacks, a man who thought he was a cat, and the band being chased by a spelling mistake. Typical eh? Wrote the script and didn’t spell check. So the band ends up being chased by a mattress and not the ‘Matrix.’ The other film ‘iCounter’ was the simple tale of ‘boy meets iPod, iPod meets girl, they sing, find love, giant lizards, and the United States invading the UK for our oil.

Join The Dot
Is the working title for a film to enter in the Red Planet Screenwriting Competition. All I know so far is: two narrators, love, a Physical Theatre workshop, dialogue like flint hitting flint, a great bed scene, Powell & Pressburger pleasure in the spirit of people, laughs, several plots colliding, false climax. Boy wants girl, girl is hard to please, girl wants boy, boy changes mind…and that’s it at the moment.

Deadline is 1st September…

S/FX “BOOMHHHHHISSSSS!”

(That was the airbag going off in my head, again)

Dialogue examples
“An episode of the Simpsons came looking for you earlier.”
“All I need now is a snowboarding chick in a Tequila soaked thong.”


And

MAN HOLDS OUT ONE HAND IN FRONT OF HIMSELF

MAN:
This is me.

MAN HOLD OUT OTHER HAND AND LOOKS AT IT

MAN: (cont.)
This is ‘I don’t give a fuck.’

MAN LOOKS FROM ONE HAND TO THE OTHER AND THEN LOOKS THE WOMAN IN THE EYE

MAN: (cont.)
Now join the dot.

- END -

So lots of ideas buzzing around my head. A deadline. O’ and my master plan to promote my writing with short films, winning competitions, cunning weaving myself into the Internet, and generally projecting my worth as ‘Comedy Writer in Waiting’ is…er…well…progressing.

And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one

- The House of the Rising Sun


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:15 pm, Blogger Les Becker said...

Why, why, WHY did you have to post this NOW?! I'm supposed to be short-story writing at the moment, and all I want to do now is go back to screenwriting. Don't you know how easily led I am? Don't you feel mean? Don't you feel guilty?

Actually, I feel a little better now... never mind.

 
At 3:30 pm, Blogger JimKin said...

Well yes I do feel a little mean and a tad guilty for disturbing a fellow writer...

You made my day.

Now back to your short-story AND then screenwriting...

Big Purr!

Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Humor blogs