Saturday, September 15, 2007

Muddy & Trevor - The Penguin Delusion














This an old picture of Trevor taken on the Isle of Skye.
He was just fourteen years old.




Works under consideration: 17 (still 17)
Dark Angel Imprint: 1
Penguins: 2
Right-Hand-Sycophant: 1
State of Mind: Clown
Comedy Writing WordMix: Sitcom bubble Free Comedy Clip sucking. Beep BBC


Introducing Muddy and Trevor
Muddy is one of my favourite delusions. He and his friend Trevor are Penguins. Muddy is an Emperor Penguin and Trevor is a Rockhopper Penguin.

Muddy is a very laid back surfer type, given to singing the Blues. Trevor takes EVERYTHING Very VERY very seriously.

They started as a sketch idea and they lived for a short while with a fellow performer, Andy (RIP).

Below is what they were up to earlier today. One day I hope they’ll ride again.


EXT/DAY
THE POND IN MY LOCAL PARK
MUDDY AND TREVOR ARE SPENDING THE DAY AS LIFEGUARDS


F/X: LOUD SPLASHING

TREVOR: (Blows whistle)
I’m going to throw them out.

MUDDY:
Chill Trevor.

TREVOR:
I won’t bloody chill! Kids! And what the hell were you doing at five o’clock this morning?

MUDDY:
Tai Chi Man.

TREVOR:
I thought you’d gone into reverse.

F/X: LOUD SPLASHING AND SCREAMS ARE HEARD

MUDDY:
(Calmly) Chill!

SEVERAL EXCITED DUCKS LOOK UP AT THE LIFEGUARD PENGUINS

DUCK 1:
Quack!

- END –


Well done Muddy!

JIM:
What’s that noise?

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMM! ROAR! THE BLOG IS SUDDENLY FULL OF PETROL ENGINE FUMES

JIM II:
That’s a motorbike Jim.

JIM:
Thank you Jim. Glad to know the English language is not wasted on you.

JIM II:
A pleasure.

JIM:
I don’t believe it!

TREVOR RIDES PAST JIM’S WINDOW ON A CLASSIC ENFIELD BULLET MOTORCYCLE AND SIDE CAR COMBINATION. MUDDY WAVES A LARGE WING.

JIM OPENS THE WINDOW

JIM: (shouting)
Where are you two off to?

MUDDY:
Beach man.

TREVOR:
Shhhhh! I’m trying to drive.

MUDDY:
Ride man. Ride.

TREVOR:
I’m in control and I choose the VERBS!

MUDDY:
BoomBoom BoomBoom Boom.

TREVOR:
Enough Blues. I WILL lose CONTROL…

JIM II:
He could lose control Jim.

JIM:
I wish he would.

- END -



‘We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason…’
- Ed Murrow


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:59 pm, Blogger Les Becker said...

I want so much to come up with something funny to go with this, and can't. I must admit defeat (although I do have a photo stored somewhere of Sheikh in the sidecar of a motorbike - not quite up to par with penguins, unfortunately).

Instead, I will thank you (most grateful, I am) for recommending "Writing Down the Bones", of which I bought the pocket classic version (expanded edition, even!), and will never, ever again be without. The preface alone was worth the wait.

 
At 9:04 am, Blogger JimKin said...

Really glad you found 'Writing Down the Bones' useful. I still use it off and on. She has written follow ups but I didn't find them as effective...

Purrr!

JimKin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Humor blogs