Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Worry Work, NFF


Tre counted to five


Works under consideration: 14
Dark Angel: To be forgotten
Pyrates: Check under your table
State of Mind: Sniffle-snuffle Hound
Comedy WordMix: Static Brown, Gordon Alive, Alive but concerned for house prices, how do I look, you look like you’re alive.

Worry
I rewrote ‘This is not a Recording.’ Liked it. Now I’ve recorded and it doesn’t make me laugh enough. Interesting idea but not well executed. Bill Cosby had a stamp for scripts for The Cosby Show. The stamp printed the letters NFF. You can work it out right?

That’s what I want to stamp on this and move on.

But I won’t.

Why?

Because I’m a stubborn Scot, (my Mum used to say) and giving up is dull…

Worry Like a Bone
If you can’t put your finger on a 'why', then put that ‘why?’ to the back of your mind and bring it out and gnaw on it for a while and then put it away.

Some things I can immediately say don’t work

1. No energy in the voice.
2. Too many ‘clipped words.’

What works

1. When it gets angry.
2. When the ‘odd sounding words’ pop up eg ‘puddle.’

Erm…
I’m over analyzing again. BUGGER!

So I’ll try be a performer again and put some energy into the recording and I’ll pick out the words I like and play on that frustration of trying to get anything done over the phone. KISS

THUMP, SQUEAK, THUMP, RATTLE, RATTLE, THUMP

Hang on a moment.

I’ll be back in a sec…


CWiW EXITS THE BLOG AND PADS ACROSS THE WHITE OAK FLOOR INTO THE LOUNGE

S/FX: PAD, PAD, PAD, PAD,

CWiW RETURNS

I’m back.

Woody - the Pyrate with peg legs, peg hands, and a peg nose - was trying to make off with my favourite mouse.

Such DEVILRY!

Woody is looking for a position as a drummer? I suspect he’d be pretty good if suspended above his kit, like a wooden spider, counting to four and then using his nose for the DEVIL'S TRIANGLE. BELIKE!

Tune into the next blog
If you want to.
If you really want to.
Not if you have to.
Not if it really matters




WOODY: (V.O.)
Aye Lass they call me Tre Grohl Cool, Woody for short.


S/FX: GENTLE TAPPING ON WARM FLESH

CWiW: (shouting)
Oi! Gibson!

S/FX: THUMP, PAD, THUMP, PAD, THUMP PAD

WOODY RETURNS TO THE BLOG

WOODY:
Aye Compadre?

CWiW:
You forgot one of you legs.

WOODY:
Mucho Thanky!

EXIT WOODY

CWiW: (sotto voce)
I hope he doesn’t use that line…

WOODY: (V.O.)
Do you want to see my impression of a forest?


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Humor blogs