Saturday, June 07, 2008

Stomach Theatre


He just sat there...waiting

Works under consideration: 0
Current Dominant Thought: Far away
Sitcom Character Ideas: 0

I’m back from holiday. Well most of me is back.

It started well. Ended in hospital with food poisoning. Three days of not-to-bad-hospital-food-well-it-keeps-you-alive.

Now I have to ponder writing a sit com and creating my own company of performers. Both are at the stage of I WILL OVERCOME!

INT/DAY
A SUNNY BLOG
S/FX A LOW RUMBLE EBBS ACROSS THE BLOG

CWiW:
Excuse me my stomach is trying to tell me something. What’s that Skippy? Sausage Pasta trapped in the lower bowel? Well me and the boys will be along in a minute with some soothing fluffy coffee and a bun.

- END-

IDEAS AND HOW TO HAVE THEM
So what shall the sit come be about? Well first the sit com is dead. Yep. Died in the UK some years back. O’ the channels keep putting them on. Star vehicles that sometimes work. But decent sitcoms that everyone talks about? Dead. Good comedy exists but in the main the top terrestrial channels are not producing enough. We have to offer more ‘integrated experiences with merchandising opportunities…’

JUST MAKE IT FUNNY
I know I try too hard and I keep trying to be REALLY CLEVER. Never works. I have to go back to basics and SAVE the comedy world. I want to work with performers again. Maybe return to do some performing myself. Just need to find the TIME! So an idea. Erm. Well. Nope don’t have one and it’s sixty-nine days to the deadline for the Every1sacritic competition. It’s a 15 minute script and will be performed live in a sit com trial format in front of an audience looking for the lowest common laugh.

No more sit com. It’s character comedy YOU FOOL! What I’d like to do is workshop ideas with performers of various character persuasions but I don’t have time with this deadline. SO it’s back to working with paper and PowerBook and running ideas up and down my brain until I get a selection to flesh out and inspire

Tune in next time
Pigs will fly, ideas will float, a stomach will take over the internetwebthing, and Gordon Brown will fall on his own smile.

Random Band Mix
The Ting Tings v The Things
The Ting Things Tings

2 Comments:

At 10:47 pm, Blogger Les Becker said...

That's it. I'm coming to the U.K. to save your sitcom. I can drive there, right?

I did the "build a production company and make it happen" thing. Failed miserably. I figure, at worst, at least I could tell you what NOT to do?

Nah. I just wanna be there for the laughs.

I CAN drive there, right? Right?!

 
At 7:26 pm, Blogger JimKin said...

Take a sharp right at Iceland. Just declare your Duchess-ness at customs and you'll be fast-tracked through the colonial channel...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Humor blogs